Saturday, August 10, 2013

❀ College Countdown: Day 7 ❀

Last Minute Checklists & Breaking Out the Agenda

Seven days until move-in. That's one week. 
That number may be freaking you out (and believe me, it's freaking out your parents even more), but take a long deep breath and relax. Think about it, you still have seven whole days -- that's 168 hours! Now think about all the things you can get done, you still have 168 chances to do whatever you want. 

Alright so first off of this countdown day: Last Minute Checklists.
Be organized.
You may be the type of person who hates checklists, but for this kind of situation, definitely take some time and write out everything you need to buy for your dorm.
What I did was that I wrote a separate list for each store I am going to and the individual items I will purchase from said place. I kept everything in a small notebook (but you can certainly use the agenda you just bought [if you bought one]). 
I didn't do this, but I really should have: Paper clip any coupons or store adverts into the notebook as well to find the best deals. I really struggled in BJ's with a handful of coupons and my notebook, when I could've easily paper clipped it onto the page.

If you have yet to start dorm shopping or really aren't sure of what to get next, I found this great website called College Packing List by Slugbooks.com (Slugbooks is a search engine for textbooks that can find you the best deal -- definitely check it out. 

College Packing List has everything you need and more. And you can customize the list by adding your own things or removing some of the things they suggested. 
What's even better is that they have an app for mobile devices that is pretty much the exact same thing. 
I loved using the app because it would tell me what percentage of things I got done for dorm shopping.


Now, if you bought an agenda for school -- Don't be afraid to start using it now!
Student agendas usually go from August to June or July, so don't hesitate to start writing your dorm room shopping lists in there, reminders about when to turn in certain forms to your school, etc.
I know some of you have the mentality where you don't want to use any school supplies until school actually starts. But think about it, it's college now. It's not high school anymore!
It will also definitely get you prepared for writing things down during the semester and staying on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment