Saturday, August 3, 2013

✿ College Living Essentials Haul ✿

Well, now that I finished all of my dorm decorations/furnishings/etc., it was finally time to hit Berkley & Jensen's (Costco's sibling, pretty much) and CVS for the living essentials. Meaning, things I actually have to buy to be able to live on my own. This was a pretty pricey haul, but it's everything I need for my day to day life! It was definitely worth it and I feel so grown up for buying these things that my mom usually shops for.
 I don't have all the prices for the things I bought at BJ's, but I will try my best to guess!  
Also, I had a bunch of coupons for BJ's, so I did save a bit of money! 

** For those of you who don't know what BJ's and Costco are, they are both wholesale superstores. They sell almost anything you can think of in bulk for some VERY reasonable prices. However, you need a membership (or go with someone who has a membership) to be able to shop at both places (typically $200 a year). It's an amazing place for every family (especially bigger ones or ones with college kids). My parents have been members for years. 

First stop - 
BJ's
Bounce Fabric Softener - $9.99
Tide Pods - $27.99 ($6 off with coupon)
What's college without the scene of students trying to do their own laundry? Luckily, I know how to do my own so I won't be struggling so much. However, I wanted to save myself the trouble of lugging a huge jug of detergent, so I purchased these Pods instead. All of my friends who have gone to college love these and say they're the most convenient things ever.

Method Bathroom Cleaning Set - $11
Lysol Wipes (set of 4) - $14 ($10 with coupon)
I'm going to be living in a suite-style dorm, so I have to get bathroom cleaning supplies.

Nivea Lotion - $8.99 ($5 with a coupon)
U by Kotex Pads - $13.99 ($7 with coupon)
Olay Body Wash - $11.99
Secret Deodorant - $7.99 (Olay & Secret had a $6 off coupon if you bought one of each brand's product)
Lil Critters Gummy Vites - $11.99 ($6 with coupon)
I love the size of the lotion and body washes, they're not the huge bottles usually sold at wholesale superstores - they're perfect for a single person.
As for the deodorant and pads, they're every girl's necessities, no need to further explain.
And lastly, I love gummy vitamins. 

Q-tips - $6.99 (in a 3 pack - $3 with coupon)
Arm & Hammer AdvanceWhite Toothpaste - $7.99 ($4 with coupon)
Efferent Denture Cleanser - $6.99
More bathroom/grooming essentials. I can explain the Efferent! I recently got my braces off, so I need a denture cleaner to sanitize my retainer every night. And this pack will last me the entire school year and then some. 

Lipton Tea & Bigelow Green Tea - $7.99 each
Oreos (30 6-cookie packs) - $6.99
Frosted Flakes - $8.89
Mediterranean Medly - $9.99
Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry - $9.99
I.Love.Food.

Final Stop:
CVS

TRESemme Anti-Breakage Shampoo & Conditioner - 2 for $7
They were on sale and they're both in huge bottles. I couldn't resist.

Covergirl Lashblast Mascaras (Volume & Fusion) - $10.49 + $4.50 (buy 1, get one 50% off)
Revlon Just Bitten Stain Balm - $9.99
I really love makeup (especially drug store brands) and when I saw the mascaras were on sale, I had to get them. Covergirl Lashblast is my second favorite brand (my all-time favorite is Maybelline Great Lash) it works very well and each tube lasts me all 3 months. And I've been looking for this stain balm in a plain red color. I really love the stain balm - it's super pigmented and stains your lips without the dry brittle feeling since it does work as a balm as well. 

Regular Size Cotton Balls - ~$3
Exfoliating Nail Squares - ~$3
Just some cottony beauty essentials.

Simple brand ($2 off all Simple products sale):
Radiance Wipe - $4.79
Light Moisturizer - $11.29
Eye Makeup Remover - $6.49
Foaming Cleanser - $6.49
Exfoliating Wipes - $4.89
I absolutely love Simple skin products. They're specifically for people with sensitive skin and all hypoallergenic. All of the products I've tried are very light weight on my skin and does improve its overall health and appearance. Best of all, they're unscented except for a slight cucumber scent. Be sure to try it, even if you don't have sensitive skin!

Pronamel Mouthwash - $6.29
Sensodyne Toothpaste - $6.29
Toothbrush (2-pack with travel caps) - $4.19
Keep your smile nice and shiny! 
Like I mentioned before, I got my braces off very recently and have to start retainer wear. Along with wearing a retainer, I am whitening my teeth with this set my orthodontist gave to me for free (it's called Opalescence). What I didn't know that teeth whitening makes your teeth SUPER sensitive, so my mom suggested I get soft brushes and products made for sensitive teeth. I already had some at home, but I bought extra for college. 

CVS Receipt = my wallet is very sad. But I'm completely DONE with dorm shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment